Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Tennessee Craft.
We are currently in need of volunteers for our Craft Fairs. Take time to read about the variety of ways to get involved with these great events before completing the fields below.
If you are interested in any of the positions below or want to learn more about them, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 615-557-6209.
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Works with staff to plan and coordinate all volunteer activities. During the fair this person operates the volunteer headquarters and the Welcome Tent, helps with volunteer training, sets-up and often steps in to help when emergencies arise. You will be involved with the volunteer recruitment process and evaluation of the volunteer program. If you are upbeat and ready for anything, sign up here. Approximately 40 hours over 2 months.
- Volunteer Coordinator Assistant
- Assists volunteer coordinator pre-Fair and onsite working several shifts in the fair headquarters and the Welcome Tent. Will be responsible for helping the Volunteer Coordinator with all tasks.
- Shift Leader
- Stay in the fair headquarters and check volunteers in and out, also assigning tasks from daily plan.
- Breakfast Coordinator
- At each Fair, we offer a free breakfast to our exhibiting artists. The coordinator oversees other volunteers and all the details to make this happen. (You are often the artists’ favorite volunteer!) You will manage purchases, food donation pick-ups, set up and break down. Budget and volunteer recruitment provided. One or two volunteers are needed Thursday through Sunday, 7 – 11 a.m. plus several sessions prior for planning. Commitment needed 1-2 months in advance; prefer 2-Fair commitment.
- Assemble Artist Packets
- Hand assemble artist packets one week before the fair.
- Set-up of operations
- Day before Fair. Includes: help unload truck, put up signage and banners, move tables / open chairs in tents, help set up Welcome Tent with merchandise, organize area, clean signs and donation boxes. Help Breakfast Coordinator prepare the Hospitality Tent.
- Includes: greet artists and check-in, explain welcome packets, record artist license plates for parking identification.
- Tent Circle Ambassador
- Serve as Tennessee Craft ambassadors and help artists find their designated booth space, advise on simple logistics, assist if some artists need help unloading, ensure vendors are not parking in customer spaces, etc.
During the Fair
- Breakfast Volunteers
- 7 a.m. – 10 a.m.
- Under the guidance of the Breakfast Coordinator, you will work with other volunteers to prepare and serve breakfast to exhibiting artists in the Hospitality Tent. Sample activities include: cutting fruit, toasting bread/bagels, serving juice, etc.
- Help in the Welcome Tent or Fair Headquarters
- Leadership Opportunities Available!
- Throughout the Fair volunteers in this area work energetically to welcome fair goers, answer their questions, hand out program guides with the artist list and fair map and share our Tennessee Craft mission with those who want to know more. You will have assistance from the Volunteer Coordinator on how best to achieve these goals.
- Shift leader positions are available for volunteers who will ensure task list is assigned to volunteers, with guidance from Volunteer Coordinator.
- Booth-sitters check in with the Volunteer Coordinator, receive instruction and then provide breaks to our exhibiting artists. This allows artists a short lunch or bathroom break.
- General Help
- Various tasks such as deliver morning news and shuttle service postcards, bring water to artists and other duties as needed. It is always helpful to have volunteers who are willing to jump in and help in any way they can.
- Parking Ambassadors
- During a three hour shift each morning Parking Ambassadors ensure vendors are not parking in customer spaces.
After the Fair
- Park clean-up
- Help clean up park grounds Monday after the Fair.
Fill out the information below and a member of our staff and/or our Volunteer Coordinator will be in touch with you soon.